Wednesday 14 May 2014

Resting Up....

It is always great to do a good turn and in this case for  our hostess, Jane, who needed a punctured tyre changed on her car before she could go off to work.    No sooner said than done.    Jane had only just recently had a puncture and had not had time to get the repaired spare back in position.    RD who has had recent experience with punctures, albeit with bikes, assumed control and appeared, on this occasion, to know what he was doing.    That was a good thing because I must admit things car are not  something that interests me one bit. I did orbit around the stricken vehicle and made a few noises of knowledge before assuming a supervisory role. In this scenario I am well out of my depth.  A little like running the lights on my first night of the tour at the Ropetackle.    Of course I am now up to speed with faders, kettle leads, inputs, outputs and sound to light and I am sure having watched the efficiency of RD on this task I would feel confident in changing Jane's tyre next time she has a puncture.    With Jane off in good time to school we settled down to a morning of administration.  Looking carefully at the tour dates and the various interviews and media and the implications on logistics which is one of my many tasks as Stage Manager.     The Artiste has been enticed by the magic of Glastonbury, playing and arranging a photo shoot in the top of the Tor.   Access would need to be checked out for the bikes and the trailer.   We needed at get to site and fully assess the situation.  This is now planned for Wednesday. With the absence of a professional photographer I  can foresee that my duties are, yet again, going to be extended to other skills.    In this case I do have previous for on the Richard Durrant Paraguay tour 2012 I assumed duties as tour photographer for some days and I don't mind telling you that the results were simply stunning.  Photographs taken with a view to focul point  and light whilst not forgetting to bring out those essential and sought after emotive Paraguayan colours and shades. Many have remarked on my work there. In fact I was name checked in the Guitarist's very own website.   I feel expereinced enough to assume the mantle of Director of Photography.  Obviously there will need to be a short discussion for how I might be rewarded for the use of my artistic skills in a tangible way. A short walk into town to secure one or two essentials.  On my recommendation RD has finally purchased some special cream for his backside.   Louise will be pleased that I managed to keep the spending spree under tight control all things considered.  However  Richard had decided he required a new telephone pouch for the bike and safety screen.  The shop selected, unfortunately by me,  managed to fit a screen cover but in the process damaged the brightness controls. Whilst we are not living in a blame culture i feel i know where it will come to rest. My shoulders are broad.  We were way passed the time for coffee and a slice but things were getting away for us.   Back to Kenmore Drive for more emails and admin.   My cousin  Melanie arrived at 15.30 to take us to visit Uncle Peter and my Aunty Anne.  It was lovely to see them both and catch up on all the extended family news.  What is more a most enjoyable afternoon tea was served, including crumpets with marmite. This particularly pleased the artiste who I know likes a nice crumpet and is partial to laying on the marmite thickly.    RD managed to get some valuable practice time in whilst I chatted.    When Jane finished work she kindly collected us. Great being chauffeured around! We set off to Mel and Geoff 's house where we were joining them for dinner.   What a lovely time we had.  So much trouble they had gone to.  Starter was a Mexican Tomato and Bean soup followed by a Spanish Fatata.  Dessert was simply the best, Rhubarb and Orange Cake with ice cream.      The evening was somewhat spoilt when RD raised the subject of the bearded Eurovison singer.   Once again I found myself having to explain my views in a forthright manner.   He just won't let it lie. Some order was restored to proceedings when Richard played a couple of lovely pieces to us to bring the evening to a fitting close.    Back with Jane to Yeovil and an early night. What a grand time we have had here. The hospitality 5*. Many thanks. It is hoped that Jane, Mel and Geoff will make it to Corsham.   Love and thanks. 

4 comments:

  1. Good news about your new promotion to Official Tour photographer/Director of Photography! Another stripe. This adds to the ones gained as ASM and personal Physician to the Maestro (Saddle Cream consultant). Keep peddling and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff
    Rode to Glastonbury today and dragged the bikes up the Tor for a photoshop. Sitting in pub having meal ready for sleep staying in the Camalot Retreat. Not what we expected but it is a place to stay. I will cover the subject in greater detail on the next blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your musings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. just remember..... ICE BATHS BABY!!! hurt like hell but at least your muscles wont be keeping you awake all night as they try to work all that lactic acid out. All the Olympic type people use them so they must be good..... oh and so do all those celebrities that do crazy stuff for sports relief..... I know two people who defiantly slot into that category nicely!! :0) xxx

    <3 naomi xxx

    ReplyDelete